08 November 2009

Weekend Update...

SO...the protective challenge is officially OVER! I lasted about 4 weeks, and that's pretty good for someone with my attention span. I gained at least a half inch, but the thickness is INSANE!!!I followed the same routine every week, twisted and oiled them daily with castor/coconut oil. I think I need to lay off the castor because I can't feel my scalp! The reason the challenge ended was because Kev wanted to see my fro all blown out Angela Davis style. So I did that for him and my curls haven't been right since. There's no definition, frizz galore...a hot tranny mess.

So I henna'ed, indigo'd (never...NEVEEER mix castor oil with this stuff! I still haven't washed all the kibble and bits out!) and DT'd. Of course it shrunk back down to a stinky lil TWA, but that's cool, I know Im gaining length. BTW, there was alot a shedding when I detangled after the twists were out. Maybe because I was only doing it once a week? Whatev, my scalp was uber sore after all that denman love.

So I'm back to my wash and go, and I'm actually on day 2! How does that happen? I slept in a satin scarf as opposed to just laying on the cotton pillowcase. Naked hair is still going strong, and after all this time I find I dont even want to put any gel on my curls. I like having it dry before 3pm, not having to wipe my fingers after I play in my hair and not having to scrunch out the crunch.

Current woes: tangles, shedding and dryness. I think it's because of...I hate to say it...the it's a 10 hair mask. I didn't realize there was alot...ALOT of silicone in it and my hair is extremely silicone sensitive. After at least half a gallon of castille my hair still feels...gloopy. Maybe I'll try baking soda. Last time I did my hair got so matted that I was seriously considering chopping again.

That's all for now, pics of the blown put fro will be up soon! *my phone committed suicide so all my pics are on the digicam.*

No comments:

Post a Comment