08 September 2009

Raves & Reviews

The PJ in me finally took over. I hate to admit, but im totally weak. In
the past 2 weeks I've purchased:
V05 moisture milks (strawberry and passionfruit)
Dulhan henna (3 boxes)
Parachute coconut oil
Herbal Essence (hello hydration and hydralicious)
Castor Oil (hollywood beauty)
Brahmi
Shikakai
Neem (powder and oil)
Glycerin
Lets Jam
Lime twist and loc gel
Vatika black shine shampoo with black olive conditioner
Mint julep masque
That's all I can remember. And that's just for my hair! I don't even
wanna go into what I got for my face/body...

In other news, I've finally broken Kevin's resolve. He got SO tired of
running all over town to (3) different global markets, one of which
smelled like moth balls and old aquariums...yea, don't wanna talk about
it.

Back to the reviews...so I LOVE the HE Hydralicious!!! I did a DT after
a mint julep mask. Kev thinks I'm crazy...he thought I got it to put on
my face. Who does that??? So the MJM felt reeeeaaaally good on my
stinky lil scalp. Left it on until it was gummy, rinsed and applied the
HE. Left THAT on overnight, after I sealed it with hello hydration.
Before that I poo'd with the vatika black shine, which by the way is
real....REAL good! It didn't dry me out like the PM tea tree, but my
hair and scalp were definitely CLEAN. After I rinsed and cowashed with
HE Hello hydration, cold water rinsed and sprayed aloe vera gel (mixed
with amla and coconut oils) all over. Then held. I didn't touch or
massage anything. I have a terrible case of HandInFro disease. I was
good until about 3pm, when my hand found its way to my head. And
oh...my...gah. SO soft! No crunch! A little frizzy, but its still a work
in progress.

Sidebar--> the other day I told Kev to feel my hair and he started
picking apart my curls. I know girls that have ended relationships over
that! NEVAH disrupt a black woman's curl pattern!!! He thought I twisted
it with my fingers. Awww...

Lets see, what did I miss...oh yea, I made flax seed gel and mixed in
the glycerin. Some of the crunch was gone, but im working on a gel free
routine. Kev knew I made products, but he was a lil freaked out seeing
me "take stuff that looks like nothing and mix it all together. Say
wha?!" He's funny...

Shikakai and brahma are mixed to clarify before henna, castor oil is
just "ok". Coconut, amla and vatika oil ROCK!!! Im still working on the
application. Seems like everytime I scratch my head my fingers are
really greasy...hm.

Alright chickletts, I've got a stack of papers to sign for my third
grader. They grow up so fast...*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment