26 September 2009

And it comes to me...like an epiphany...

Hola Chickletts!!

I just wanted to share a quick anecdote. I had a sweet realization the
other day...hence the title.

So we all know imm going through a "naked hair" challenge, eh? Naked
hair? No gel, no curl enhances... ring a bell? So anywho, I've been
doing pretty good for about a month and a half now. Only oil (coconut,
castor, amla or vatika) has touched my head. But this morning in a fit
of laziness, I rinsed my DT from last night (hydralicious, herbal
essence and castor/coconut oil-the castor was TOO sticky!) and worked in
a little HE hello hydration. Rinsed with cold water (brrr!!) with no
manipulation, and BAM!! Curls, coils and waves were a'poppin! My hair is
soft, touchable and not residue-y! Ok, so I was a little heavy handed
with the oils this morn, so there's a slight "soul glo" (oil on your
fingers when you scratch or play in your hair, stains on the seat and
other miscellaneous surfaces, white drippies...ew.), but im cool with
that! So hello hydration will definitely be added to my daily routine! I
had some moisture maniac I've been playing with, adding water and oils,
so maybe I'll give that a go. Ooh, I can't wait to get home so Kev can
feel my hair!

Ok, addendum...its 2:51 pm and im still playing in my hair. No oily
residue! Curls STILL popping, still shiny, still soft!! Ah yea...oil +
diluted condish = good hair days!!

Maven...out!!
--
Signed...La Trabrasera

No comments:

Post a Comment