13 August 2009

Getting to know you...or me...or...whatever!

Right now, as you can see, I'm rocking the TWA. I actually shaved my head February 1st, but since then I've done more than I care to admit to my poor hair...it never stood a chance...

June 17th I cut about 2 inches off 4 inch hair. Doing the math correctly ( I do hair, not math...shut up) I have a little over 2 inches right now. There's no real rhyme or reason to my routine if it can be called that.

My Hair:
  • 4a with some weird 3c business in the top right corner pocket and 4b around the hair line
  • color treated (I feel kinda bad because it's not TRULY natural)


Nightly:
  • Co-wash with Pantene ( I know it sucks on ice, but it makes my thick coarse cork-screwy hair feel good...for the moment)
  • Shake my MTG ( Mane-Tail-Groom...Shapley's), apply front to back and side to side
  • Massage it in, tie up in a scarf and put a bonnet on ( have to preserve my pillowcases!)
  • Take 1 MSM 1000mg

Daily:

  • Rinse MTG with water that's so hot it should NEVER be used on human skin
  • Co-wash with Pantene (listen buddy...I'm almost out, so just hush! lol)
  • Cold water rinse, shake my shimmy
  • Tiny bit of gel...who are we kidding?? A golf ball size dollop of gel!!
  • Drive with the windows down...cheaper than a diffuser!
  • Take 1 MSM 1000mg and 2 chewable multi-vits from GNC (can't swallow pills since they stole my tonsils)

I just bought some Aussie and Suave, which as a stylist I know full well that they are NOT the best for your hair. But I'm SO not co-washing with Matrix Biolage Comditioning Balm every morning. I haven't started using it yet, but I'm going to try the aussie tonight with my henna treatment...

Did someone say...henna? Why yes I did dahling! I love...LOVE henna for many reasons. First off, it just makes me feel like sunshine! Secondly, it's the most natural and raw protein pack I can think of. It strengthens the hair shift, making it thicker, shinier and more resistant to breakage. Because it is so fortified, definitely...Definitely do some sort of deep treatment to put the moisture back into your locks. Here's my most recent henna recipe:

no measuring, none of that crap

1 or so cups of boiling water
enough henna to make it pasty, stir stir stir!!!
a nice dollop of honey
enough olive oil to make it shiny on top

I mix all this together and let it sit. I store it in a place that I wont be able to fiddle with it...yes, I'm a fiddler. It's been sitting now for about a day and a half. This helps to release the dye. I'm going to squish it in, and let it sit for however long I can stand the smell and the feeling. then wash, scrub, and deep condish. Probably with the conditioning balm...love this stuff...I want to rub it on my sheets and luxuriate...that's a blog for another day...heh...Pics coming to a screen near you!

Later chickletts!

No comments:

Post a Comment