15 October 2009

Playin Catch-up!

It's been entirely too long since I last blogged, I know. I've been having issues with my phone. Translation=it sucks. So all my notes, contacts, emails...everything is gone. But we move forward, life goes on.

In other news, I'm 2 days away from my 3 month nappiversary! Wow...it seems like just yesterday I couldn't even pinch it between 2 fingers! Time flies when you're...I dunno, doin stuff. I finally have a routine! I'm so excited, and so is Kev. He may not admit it, but I know he was getting tired of running all over town to find conditioners, going to the Indian market 3 times a week and listening to me cry about looking like John Witherspoon. So my routine is as follows:
  • Cowash 3-4 times a week with PM The Detangler ( I may be scrapping this soon, my hair is starting to feel a little straw-like)
  • Condition with Tigi Moisture Maniac
  • Leave in: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner and coconut/castor oil (I can't live without these three. I feel like they deserve the Nobel Peace Prize!)

I'm still on my naked hair kick! Going strong for about 2 months now! WOOT WOOT!! I did my very first press and no curl, as well as a twist out. It actually looks pretty cute! I'm hoping the moisture in the air is going to cause it to swell because it's a little too neat for me.

Let's see, what else is going on...OOH! I finally used up all the stinky, cheapie condish I bought! I had hit rock bottom in my pj-ism and bought all the v05 and suave I could fit in my arms before Kev smacked it to the floor. All I have left is a tiny bit of v05. I used it the other night to cowash the henna out.

Speaking of...I found the rainbow henna! At long last. Still no Jamila...so that sweet elusive Jamila... It was ok...just ok. I still dont feel like it's completely rinsed out, because as I was twisting my hair it was janking up in the comb and getting under my nails. but my hair feels uber soft and the curls didn't loosen. I used the neutral. High wattage shine! Woo! I wore the twisties all day yesterday, and for some reason the henna made the top of my head so soft it would NOT hold a twist to save its life!

OK, we gotta speed this along, there's a cricket in the office...BAAAH!

Pics will be up of the twist out in a min, they're on my phone. Next post! Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment