19 October 2009

I'm so excited! Protective challenge starts-TODAY!

Remember the twist out i did? Last tuesday??? Remember that? All the pics, with the fun bows and the what-not? It lasted ALLLLLL week! The only reason I'm washing today is because I'm closing tomorrow night and I'm SO not gonna wanna deal with this when I get off!


So my routine tonight (I have a routine! And it actually works! woohoo!):

  • Shampoo 2x with CASTILLE (rose)- is there gonna ever be a time that I DONT get it in my eyes? So doesn't feel like sunshine!
  • Applied my henna/shikakai/neem mix: 4 tbsp henna, 2 tbsp neem and shikakai, dollop of castor and coconut oil
  • Let it sat for about an hour, or until Kev became incoherent on the other end of the phone
  • Rinsed, castilled, conditioned with Giovanni tea tree and aubrey organics lavender-brush and wet...BRUSH AND WET!
  • smooshed in IT'S A 10 Miracle hair Mask- we sell it at work. I can't very well tell people it works if I don't use it. Besides, the girl at Cosmoprof gave me like 50 sample packs...no really, there's like 45 left.
  • BAGGIE!
  • Rinse, towel dry (only...ONLY when I'm twisting! Towels are bad...towels are baaaaaad!)
  • Grab and twist. I don't part out. Don't wanna see parts. Don't like makin em. Don't like it one bit.

And here I sit, typing this here blog. And watching Wanda Sykes. Funny, this was on the last time I twisted my hair! Must be a sign...

In other news...My hair feels SO FRIGGIN SOFT!!!! I seriously want to make up a cheer about cassia! It makes my hair soooo much happier than the henna did! No loosening of the curl, none of that nonsense. It felt a little rough initially, but I had yet to rinse it out. I guess instantaneous softiture is too much to ask...I seriously want to make up a sonnet about this blasted cassia...

So once I rinse the hair mask out, I'm planning to do a leave in with my moisture maniac and water mix as per usual and rub in some of my caster/coconut mix. Then twist as I laugh at crazy Wanda Sykes!

-sidebar: who DIDN'T know she was a lesbian??? How many males was she cast with? In a role as their significant other??? Come on guys...even Queen Latifah played the girlfriend!! Be yourself lady, who gives a rip what people think. Either they're gonna talk about you for doing, talk about you for not doing. Give em something to talk about! By the way...LOVE Wanda's hair!

ETA: This protective challenge thig? We're going to see if we can keep this up for a month. At least until the end of November. Hopefully by that time I won't be so afraid of the hairdo of pain. AND...I won't have to be wetting my head everyday and waiting until the end of time for it to dry.

SO EXCITED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment